In this episode I am honoured to have as my guest Michael Bierut of Pentagram New York. Michael and I discuss
- Pentagram’s process behind the recent redesign of Slack’s identity
- The reaction of the design industry to the redesign.
- How designers and companies can prepare for critical feedback.
- Michael’s involvement in the design of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 Presidential Campaign logo
- The power and passivity of a logo
- The beauty of design and symbols.
Michael’s book Seventy-nine Short Essays on Design